We’re launching our Big Green Week Children’s Art Competition 2022 sponsored by the mayor of Portsmouth Cllr Diana Patrick.
The theme this year is ‘Your Green Footprint’
Create an artwork to show how you can help climate and nature by reducing your carbon footprint and your environmental impact on nature and our world.
Some ideas of what you might do but come up with your own as well:
- You could create a piece of art inspired by your love of wildlife and how to protect it.
- You could show how to save water or waste less food
- Show how to walk and cycle and use public transport to reduce pollution
- Draw your ideal neighbourhood with no cars and more safe spaces to play
- Make a piece of art out of recycled material
To create your artwork, you can use paints, pastels, acrylics, pens or pencils. You could also experiment and create a collage or a piece of pottery, or use textiles and recycled materials.
Here’s a useful resource for finding out more about carbon footprints:
The Prizes: Not only will entries be displayed in local libraries and in the Meridian Centre during the Big Green Week but there will be a prize for the winner in each category:
- Under 8s b) 8 -13 c) 14-18
Closing date for entries: Monday 18 July
Please leave the finished posters at the Plaza for the attention of the Mayor, or contact us to discuss other arrangements. firstname.lastname@example.org
Each entry needs to have your name, school, and date of birth clearly attached